Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Enjoying the moment

After 10 days on the road we are home. The kids had a great time, but didn't get the sleep they needed and last night they crashed. At about 7:30 this morning I heard Jade muttering and went to grab her.

Her warm little body cocooned against mine, she snuggled and twitched for a minute and then contentedly settled into my arms and fell asleep. Half of her blond head was wild and tangled, the other half silky soft and emanating a baby fresh scent. Her dark lashes brushed against her rosy cheek and seemed to extend out impossibly long. With eyes still closed a smile broke across her face and a giggle escaped her lips - what was this happy dream she was having? Everything about my baby seemed so little girlish, could her body really be half the length of mine already? This sweet little thing has been mine for nearly two years now and I am so grateful for these moments of bliss where I can hold her in my arms and memorize every feature - I will never get enough of them.

This morning I had nearly an hour before the "big" kid joined us and proclaimed his sister "a cutie sleeping baby." Even with the invasion she slept on completely relaxed and trusting in my care. When she finally succumb to her brother's commotion it was with a sweet and contented look that said everything was just-right in her world.

To more mornings like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment