Sunday, January 23, 2011

Simply Sunday ... take 1

"I have no grand intention other than, maybe, to fill a book at the end of this journey … to grow a little more every day … maybe even to reach that small piece inside each of us that knows the days are passing all too quickly. The time is never ‘right’. We have to make a conscious effort to not just remember things … but to record them.

So “Simply Sunday” is my challenge to you. To all of us. Myself included. Take a picture. Write a post. Share a story." CM

This is Slater's story of Sunday afternoon at -30 below.


An image of little sister. What does he think of her? Delighted as they have tickle wars. Frustrated as she gozillas his carefully crafted structures. Wise as he explains how the TV remote works.




A few of his favorite toys from a unique perspective *wink*


Taken from the end of our hallway, right outside his room. I love the angles and warm colors that this shows.


A self portrait, why does he turn the camera on himself? I know that his dad sometimes tries to get pictures of himself with the kids this way. Does he flip it around and look at the image?

I wonder about his thoughts, are these pictures what he loves, how he sees his world or just fun with the camera? It was a simply Sunday and I couldn't ask for any more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Robyn, I love it! I feel like I was just following right along in his footsteps. Isn't it amazing seeing the world through their eyes?
    I'm so glad you're playing along :)

    (PS - sorry if this comes up twice - the 'post comment' button ate my comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Great pictures!! I thought this post was great!

    ReplyDelete