Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Halloween already?

Slater has developed a love of shopping! Where did he get this from? It certainly wasn't his mama, but I loved it today.

When you are an August baby the first two Halloween's pass uneventfully. Mom and Dad get to pick your costumes and treat you like a little doll. But the third one comprehension is dawning and the fourth is all about Y.O.U.

A catalog called Wishcraft arrived in the mail about a week ago. Cute baby and kid clothes? Sign me up, I love to look at magazines and tell myself how much cuter my children are then the kids that they have - and yes they are cuter than those kids, but if I ever tried to dress them up and take photos they would turn rabid and crumble into sad little puddles. Oh well, guess I will have to figure out another get rich scheme.

Hmmmm, rambling but getting to the point soon.

This catalog was full of adorable Halloween outfits, beautiful Renaissance dresses, knights, fireman, piggies, lambs, bunnies, fairies, and Star Wars costumes. Well that was the end of my catalog viewing. Slater took one look at the Storm Troopers and commandeered the whole thing for himself. It was placed in the Star Wars box, hauled around the yard, examined every time that he stopped moving and then slept with that night and for several nights to come. And since I am a total spoiler I have ordered him a Storm Trooper Cody for Halloween (going back to work has to have a few perks).

So this seems like the conclusion to me and my little shopaholics story? But no, Jade still needed a costume. At 13.5 months she seemed totally uninterested (yeah I get to pick another costume!!). So I decided to take the newest shopper in the family and go to Old Navy. Slater thought it was fantastic, his favorite was the tiger, but he tried on at least four others and had to check out his reflection after each change. Sales associates stopped to admire and giggle, other small children were forced to join in the fun - "Hi there kid!" After a shark, bumblebee, dragon, and giraffe it was concluded that both he and Jade needed a tiger costume.

Why didn't I have a camera?

Again with the spoiler - I bought it big, he'll wear it for play, Jade can wear it when she is older - yadda, yadda, yadda. He now has two Halloween costumes and is currently the cutest, quietest sleeping tiger ever!

And to top it all off I was so distracted by all the fun we were having that I bought the wrong size for Jade and had to run back to the store - where I promptly traded it for the giraffe. Seriously this is probably the last time the costume will be my choice, so that makes it OK, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am very anxiously awaiting some photos . . . surely you're not going to make me wait until Halloween!

    ReplyDelete