Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mary Jo and family :)

I love to travel and see family and friends, but this is an unusual friendship. Mary Jo and I worked together at NPHS during the year that we were pregnant with Aiden and Slater. Although I liked her from staff meetings, school is always busy and there is not much time for getting to know people who work on the far side of the building. Naturally, after discovering that we were both pregnant, we were drawn to chatting. We each made a visit to one another when the boys were small (they were born only 5 weeks apart), then Mary Jo and family left for Boston.

If it had not been for the Internet and another blogging buddy I think we would have lost touch, instead we had emailed, blogged and formed a long-distance bond of motherhood. It was wonderful to get the chance to see the children we have watched growing up online. It makes me sad that we don't have the opportunity to see each other and physically get together, but oh so grateful for the friendship that was not lost.



Here are Audrey and Jade getting to know each other. Like all babies they were utterly fascinated with each other. Again we saw the difference that 4 months makes in motor skills, only this time Jade was the older baby.



This is Aiden and Mary Jo wading in the frog pond. This was one of many places that Mary Jo recommended that we loved. Thank you for being such a fantastic hostess while we were visiting Boston.


The boys playing together. I can hardly wait to see Mary Jo's posts, since she got some adorable pictures of both the boys and the girls.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss Mary Jo! Isn't the web a wonderful thing to keep us connected.

    The frog pond looks fun. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete