The Ice Park in Fairbanks is open for about 3 weeks every "spring" from late Feb through the middle of March and it is an event that we rarely miss. Wade and I use to enjoy going in the evenings and seeing all of the carvings light-up, but the last two years we have gone during the day and mostly hung out in the kid's park. The kids and I went twice this year, once with our friend's the Williams and a second time as a family. Slater LOVED going with the kids and was very brave trying the big slides (just like last year). We also did a wagon trip around the park and enjoyed listening to the information about all of the carvers and who won the different events.

This is Jade hanging out near the igloo watching her big brother. She loves that pacifier, I don't know how we are going to get rid of it??? Any suggestions???

This is Slater-man enjoy one of the small slides. I am not sure what he liked best, the slides were popular, but so were the ice tunnel, train, maze and all the other people. This year there was a set of 12 large slides on the slough that were long and FAST! Naturally he could have stayed there all day, he made at least 6 trips down with his dad and I failed to get even one picture. I may try to add more pictures, but the upload times tonight are epic, so for now enjoy these two ;)
VERY CUTE! I miss the ice sculptures. I love the lights and the fun kid "toys" and rides.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! They do a good job of concealing just how cold it is there. (Though Jade's cute outfit kinda gives it away.) :)
ReplyDelete