"Please get a stool sample from the baby and take it to the lab." I thought - that doesn't sound to hard. Well the sample couldn't have any urine in it and everything needed to be in a cup (never appreciated my sons plumbing before this). They suggested wrapping the baby in plastic wrap and then just re-wrapping if she peed ... yuck! The other suggestion was to put her diaper on inside out???? Apparently I had reached my quota of people with common sense for the day. Oh, the topper is that you then have to get the sample to the lab in twenty minutes (or remain in the germ infested lobby with a toddler and crying baby)!!! The lady asked how far away we lived - 10 minutes away - Oh then that shouldn't be a problem. Hmmmmm, 20 minutes to collect a sample, clean up the child, pack her and the two year old up and get in the car??? Yes, I am feeling like Super Women today!
First attempt, miserable failure. Not enough of a sample, tried the plastic wrap method so there is a horrible mess, sure I over ran the time limit and I have a screaming baby the entire way home :( Oh did I mention that she has a diaper rash now and I can't put anything on it because it will mess up the sample that they need.
Take a deep breath, I am smarter than this and I need to get it right on the next try so that I can quit torturing my poor sick child. My solution ... brilliant!! I used several buckets. When she pees in one I move her to the next one, eventually we have success!!!!! Jade thought this was hilarious and Slater kept pointing at the buckets and saying, "Oh gross!" So now I have a sample and rush to the lab, the women smiles and says, "This will work." I have never been so happy about poop in my life.
You need a like button on your blog. You made me laugh! Poor Jade and even more sympathies for Mommy! We're rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteHey! You did it! How'd you get the ranking? I love it!
ReplyDelete