Friday, October 14, 2011

Old friends, the kind we will never forget and don't remember meeting

This morning started early ... 6am early.  For some of you this may not seem early and after a child who regularly arose at 5:30am I am not sure why this is early to me, but it shows that the mommy brain forgets the bad and remembers the cute, silly and fun.

Back to this morning, Slater had a nightmare, he was crying and thrashing.  Holding and rocking him helped, but he was scared and worried.  He kept saying "I can't find her, I lost her."  Since I still believed that I am always the person he is looking for, I said "I'm here sweetie."  He just kept crying, then he said, "I can't find my Evelyn."  Sweetness - he was looking for his friend, a child whose friendship goes so far back he will never remember meeting her.  I hope in twenty or thirty years they are still friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment