Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

So the grandkids L.O.V.E. calling G-ma on the phone, love it!!  Jade appears with phone in hand chattering away and telling g-ma all about her day.  Sometimes there are small and fierce battles for the first turn. 

So today when I saw Jade tip-toeing about with the phone pressed to her ear and I could hear "Grandma..." I just assumed that she wanted to call her, but as I got closer I realized that she was quoting lines from Charlie Brown.  "Hey Grandma, this is Chuck ... uh I mean Charlie Brown."  PAUSE "I have a little problem, we are going to be late to Thanksgiving dinner ... you see I invited some friends over and they are still here."  (OK the second sentence wasn't quite that perfect, but she amazes me!!)  She can quote whole pages out of books that she loves and copies voice inflections and mannerisms.  Cracks me up!!

Hope you enjoy this story for your birthday Grandma!!  We love you and can't wait to make you dinner for your birthday :)  Jade and Slater

No comments:

Post a Comment