We have entered the serious stage of "I do it myself, myself mommy!!" Most days I love to encourage this and enjoy giggling at her attempts to dress herself independently. BUT!!! But some mornings it is a little wearing as you are trying to leave the house within a certain time span ... under the 3 hour mark
...5 minutes on socks
...5 minutes on shirt (which is now on backwards)
...3 minutes worth of buckling "my own" seat belt
...4 minutes of selecting the right hats and attempting to wear 3-8 of them at once!!
...only wanting shoes that just don't work in the mud
...2 minutes of hair brushing (how can that little hair take so long?)
...3 minutes of attempting to steal all of Slater's breakfast
OR
...5 solid minutes of screaming at the top of her lungs while we do these things for her
Establishing independence is mighty difficult on the whole family!!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe how independent she is! What a sweetie!! PS: Love the pig tails!
ReplyDelete